Even though it comes around every year, winter seems to sneak up on me every time. Where we live, winter is COLD, the kind of cold that makes you want to curl up under a blanket in front of the fireplace and not move until Spring.
On those cold winter days, a steaming hot bowl of hearty soup seems to hit the spot. We eat soup year-round because I find that it’s an easy meal in terms of preparation, especially when made ahead and frozen and then heated in the crock pot. It’s also a good way to get a fair bit of variety into one meal, with some soup recipes having vegetables, meat and starches in one dish.
I’ve gathered this collection of some of our favourite soup recipes for winter (or any other time of year). I chose these particular recipes because they are filling and can be a meal on their own and some of them include ingredients that are seasonal for Fall or Winter. Many of them are gluten free, which is great for our family since one of our sons is gluten-free.
- From Freezer to Crock Pot Chicken Taco Soup from here at The Chaos and Clutter
- Best Homemade Tomato Soup from Garden-Fresh Tomatoes from Happy Hooligans
- Pinto Tortilla Soup from here at The Chaos and Clutter
- Slow Cooker Zuppa Toscana Copycat Recipe from The Sassy Slow Cooker
- Crock Pot Tortellini Soup from here at The Chaos and Clutter
- Loaded Baked Potato Soup from Mirlandra’s Kitchen
- Zesty Kielbasa Soup Recipe for the Slow Cooker from Sidetracked Sarah
- Spicy Lentil Soup Recipe from here at The Chaos and Clutter
- Curried Butternut Squash and Sweet Potato Soup Shots from The Appetizer Chick
- Easy Chicken Noodle Soup with Kale from The Taylor House
- Healthy Lentil Soup from here at The Chaos and Clutter
- Sweet Potato Soup from Six Sisters’ Stuff
- Slow Cooker Beef Enchilada Soup from Teachers of Good Things
- Swedish Meatball Noodle Soup from Carlsbad Cravings
- Freezer Vegetable Pesto Minestrone from here at The Chaos and Clutter
- Pumpkin Tortilla Soup from Mama Miss
- Pasta Spinach Meatball Soup from Crystal & Co.
- Spicy Chicken and Black Bean Soup (GF) from The Peaceful Mom
- Cabbage Roll Soup with Turkey from Premeditated Leftovers
- Tastier Broccoli Cheese Soup (with bacon!) from Intoxicated on Life
- Creamy Cauliflower Soup from To Simply Inspire
- Chicken Parmesan Soup from Peas & Crayons
- Slow Cooker Bean Soup with Ham, Spinach, and Thyme from Kalyn’s Kitchen
- Chicken Au Gratin Chowder from Crafting Chicks
- Corn Chowder with Bacon and Potatoes from 3 Boys and a Dog
If you are looking for other great meal ideas, you may be interested in signing up for my weekly newsletters where I share tried and true recipes and following my Family Friendly Recipes board on Pinterest.