Here are step by step instructions and pictures detailing how I made frog cupcakes for Dancing Girl’s Princess and the Frog birthday party. The cupcakes were adorable and a big hit!
Materials needed for decorating the frog cupcakes:
- green sour apple rings
- green icing (green food paste to create green icing)
- white icing
- black food paste
- brown M+Ms
- red shoestring licorice
- strawberry Fruit by the Foot
- Start by baking white or vanilla cupcakes using a mix or your favourite recipe. Add green food colouring or green food paste into the batter and mix in. If you can find green cupcake liners, use those. I was not able to find any, so I used white cupcake liners. Bake as directed in the recipe.
- Allow the cupcakes to cool. Add green food paste into icing to create green icing. Decorate the cupcakes one at a time so that the candy sticks into the icing. Top a cupcake with the green icing.
- Slice green sour apple ring candy in half. You will only be using the green halves.
- Place two apple ring candy halves on top of the cupcake.
- Add two brown M+Ms, leaning them up against the candy slices and put a dab of white icing in the centre of each M+M to create the frog’s eyes.
- Make a smile using a small piece of red shoestring licorice.
- Create a nose by painting two lines using black food paste on a toothpick. Cut a tongue for the frog out of strawberry Fruit by the Foot and slide it under the mouth.
Voila! A Frog cupcake!
Here is a list of ideas for planning a fun Princess and the Frog themed birthday party.
[…] The Chaos and the Clutter Skip to content HomeAbout ← Decluttering Day Nineteen How to Make Cute Frog Cupcakes → […]