What child doesn’t love the movie Frozen? With the new one, there’s even more reason to get ideas for Frozen inspired sensory play. When you’re stuck inside on cold days, these ‘icy’ sensory activities are the perfect solution to the winter doldrums.
Allowing kids to engage in sensory play related to a beloved movie allows them to fully immerse themselves in the imaginative experience. It also helps develop their communication skills, fine motor, and coordination. And of course, provides important sensory input.
These activities inspired by the movie and its characters such as Olaf, Elsa, Anna, Kristoff, and Hans are perfect for cold days when kids are stuck indoors.
Frozen Sensory Activities:
- This Frozen Sensory Bin is a great one for preschoolers.
- This Elsa homemade playdough is made in the microwave.
- Our Frozen Inspired Elsa Slime is nice and crunchy with great textures for sensory play.
- Frozen Preschool Sensory Activities: Sensory Bin from Learning 2 Walk
- Frozen Sensory Bin from Happy Hooligans
- Frozen Inspired Sensory Bin from Rubber Boots and Elf Shoes
- Frozen-Inspired Sensory Play with Shaving Cream and Ice from There’s Just One Mommy – The play of the soft shaving cream against the cold, hard ice is a unique sensory experience.
- Frozen Theme Winter Easy Slime from Little Bins for Little Hands
- Queen Elsa’s Frozen Snow World from Modern Preschool
- Elsa’s Frozen Castle Ice Melting Experiment from Little Bins for Little Hands
- Frozen Clean Mud from Study at Home Mama
- Frozen-Themed Play Dough Kit from Mama.Papa.Bubba
- Frozen-Inspired Olaf’s Summer Dream Portable Sensory Bin from Epic Fun for Kids
- Frozen Snow Dough from The Pleasantest Thing
- Frozen Sensory Play from Treading on Lego
- Frozen Sensory Play from Clare’s Little Tots
- ‘Frozen’ Erupting Snow from Paging Fun Mums!
- Frozen Sensory Tub from Nurture Store
- Frozen Shaving Cream Sensory Play from Learn.Play.Imagine
- The Snow Dough Small World at Preschool Inspirations encourages story telling and imaginative play using the characters and scenery from the movie.
- Get those little hands right in on the action with the Frozen Sensory Snow Dough from The OT Toolbox.
For more sensory activities, join our free 5 part email series Sensory Solutions and Activities and get our Sensory System Behaviours Easy Reference Cards.