Last week, I shared with you my grandma’s famous pumpkin muffin recipe. There is really no substitute in my books for the memory that I have associated with her recipe, but unfortunately for my son Einstein, he can’t eat them since he is on a gluten free diet.
My friend Molly came to the rescue with this super easy gluten free pumpkin muffin recipe so that now he can enjoy his pumpkin muffins too!
The thing that makes this recipe so simple is that it uses gluten free cake mix. It’s so easy in fact that it could easily be made by older kids.
We used the cake mix from a bin at Bulk Barn which also makes this recipe more affordable. You can half this recipe and use a small can of pumpkin if you’d like. The small cans aren’t available where we live, plus with a family our size, we never half recipes!
Pumpkin Muffins Recipe:
- 2 boxes of gluten free vanilla cake mix or 6 cups of gluten free vanilla cake mix
- 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon
- 1 796 ml can of pumpkin (the large can)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of raisins or butterscotch chips
- optional: 1/2 cup pecans
- Stir the pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon into the cake mix.
- Add the pumpkin and eggs and mix together.
- Stir in the raisins or butterscotch chips and if wanted, the pecans. Our daughter is allergic to nuts, so we of course didn’t add those.
- Pour the batter into well greased muffin tins or use cupcake liners.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes.
My kids voted for butterscotch chips over raisins, so I wouldn’t recommend giving your kids a vote!
These got eaten so quickly at our house that I didn’t get the chance to see if they freeze as well as my usual pumpkin muffins, but I assume that they would.
Of course, if you are looking for a non-gluten free pumpkin muffin recipe, check out my grandma’s famous (and delicious) one: