To make this I Spy sensory bin, I used dry black beans (one bag) and various items from around the house. For my reading kids, I made a list of items for them to find so this also becomes an opportunity to practice their reading. For my non-readers, I included a sheet of visual cues for them to search for the items (as my artistic skills are lacking, I will not be including a picture of that sheet!).
As I used things we already had, the entire bin cost just over $1 as I was able to pick up the bag of black beans on sale. This was a simple, inexpensive and versatile sensory bin and the kids loved it!
If you are looking for information on making sensory bins, you may be interested in my book.
I love this sensory tub and the one you made at Thanksgiving. It always nice to see your ideas.
Cynthia Simunovich says
Hi Sharla, Thanks for sharing this fun idea! It reminds me of wending my way through intricate living room size I-Spy creations our family made… complete with 3×5 card clues for visiting friends! From a veteran homeschool mom of six, congratulations on your houseful of blessings. Am re-posting this link and the link to your resource ideas for sensory needs to https://www.facebook.com/BransonAcademy/
Love sharing awesome ideas for homeschool families. Thanks so much! ~Cynthia
Thank you so much Cynthia! and thank you for sharing those links on your Facebook page. It’s always nice to meet a fellow large family homeschooler!