We recently hosted a Rainbow Party for some other homeschool families just for fun to cap off the end of our rainbow unit study. The food at the party was a big hit so I thought I would share it as well as a muffin tin lunch I made for the kids later in the week to go along with our Rainbow theme.
In our Rainbow Fruit Tray:
- green grapes
- pineapple pieces
- cantaloupe pieces
- sliced strawberries
- yogourt and sprinkles in silicone flower shaped muffin tins to look like “clouds”
Arrange the fruit on a large cookie sheet to resemble a rainbow. I added another layer on top because I know how popular fruit is at a party.
In our Rainbow Veggie Tray:
- broccoli florets
- sliced cucumbers
- sliced yellow peppers
- peeled and sliced carrots
- baby tomatoes
- ranch dressing in a flower shaped silicone muffin tin
Arrange the vegetables in the shape of a rainbow on a large cookie tray. Set out your favourite dip in a small bowl or silicone muffin tin.
Rainbow Themed Muffin Tin Tray:
Muffin tin trays make great lunches for kids. They get a wide variety of foods in a way that’s fun to eat.
- cookies with rainbow chips
- red, yellow, orange pepper and zucchini
- fresh fruit
- rainbow fruit by the foot
- Greek salad
- rainbow goldfish crackers