The Top 10 Reasons I’m Excited About the New School Year
1. I love fresh starts! There’s just something about a new year that screams hope and possibility. I also plan to leave any lingering guilt I have over anything not accomplished this year behind me. It’s always a good feeling to start with a clean slate.
2. I always start the year off organized! I am not naturally an organized person (hence the name of my blog!), but I manage to start most school years off with plans and written lists and things all laid out and scheduled and I love that feeling! Now that I’ve got my awesome planner, I’m hoping I can make that last all year long!
3. I am excited about some of the new curriculum we are going to be trying out and I am comfortable with the things we have chosen to continue with from last year. Here is what we will be using this year.
4. I am going to plan out our field trips. I want to make a list of the places that we want to go, prioritize them, and actually schedule them in. I think this will make a huge difference. This is a suggestion I read on several blogs and can see the wisdom in it. This year, we hardly went on any field trips even though in the past it’s been such a big part of our homeschooling so I look forward to rectifying that for this coming season.
5. I will get to witness my kids making new discoveries and growing in their relationships with each other and with God.
6. I look forward to the chance to continue friendships with other homeschoolers both online and in person and to forge new ones.
7. The grocery stores and rec. centres won’t be so crowded once many other kids go back to school! Crowds are not my thing.
8. Kicking off the new school year will give me a reason to plan a party for the kids and I love an excuse for a celebration. I’m already considering themes! Our year-end wrap-up Rainbow theme party was a lot of fun…tough to beat that one!
10. Being able to spend another year making memories with my precious kiddos!
What are you most looking forward to for this upcoming year?