Planning a party or group gathering?
I love to host parties. And games are such a great icebreaker when not everyone there knows each other. Party games can be easily adapted to account for the crowd and theme or holiday. They provide opportunity for team building, laughter, and creating memories. Some of these games take little to no time to set up and all are inexpensive and easy to plan.
Vintage Games Sure to Get Laughs:
Everyone likes a bit of nostalgia from time to time. When you take activities you remember fondly from your childhood and play them as adults, it creates tons of laughter and fun. These great party games are sure to get everyone’s guard down!
- Twister. Yep, there’s nothing like a bit of twisting and contorting to break the tension and get everyone at the event talking!
- Musical Chairs – Set chairs up in a circle with one less chair than the number of players, start the music, and when the music stops, everyone scrambles to get their bum on a seat. Whoever doesn’t get a seat is out. The last one standing, or should I say sitting is the winner. We used to play this one in school for our Cake Bake fundraisers!
- Pin the Tail on the Donkey – Get out that blindfold and see how accurately you can attach the tail to the mule.
- Egg and Spoon Race – Race to the finish line with an egg (preferably a hard boiled one!) on a spoon. Another option is to play this in teams as a relay race. The first team to cross the finish line wins!
- Hot Potato – This game is similar to Musical Chairs. You can use a ball, balloon, or an actual potato. Sit in a circle. Pass the object to the next person and continue to pass it from person to person while the music plays. When the music stops, the person caught holding the “hot potato” is out. The game continues until there is only one player left.
Grab your free Minute to Win It Build Edition printable to have family fun with LEGO.