Lately, we’ve been changing it up a bit with our sensory bottles by making some of them in tiny test tubes. This Baseball Mini Sensory Bottle is one of those.
You can customize the colours of this baseball sensory bottle to show your support for your favourite team! Whether it’s a professional team, collage, or school team, show your team pride. You could even take it with you to cheer on your team at their games.
Baseball Mini Sensory Bottle:
- mini bottle (we used these plastic test tube treat containers)
- clear dish soap
- mini baseball beads
- red and white tri beads (or choose a colour for your favourite team)
- red glitter (or choose the colours of your favourite team!)
- black mini elastics (like the Rainbow Loom ones)
- optional: hot glue
- Pour clear dish soap into a mini bottle until it’s about half full.
- Drop in some mini baseball beads.
- Add in the beads and glitter. Drop in the small elastics.
- If there’s any room left in the bottle, fill the the top with water.
- Replace the lid. If using with small children, you can secure the lid with hot glue.
With this or any other sensory play activity, adult supervision is recommended. Even with the lid secured, it can be opened by determined kids or when the glue gets old and the bottle contains small parts that could be a choking hazard.
With its tiny size, this mini calm down bottle can be brought anywhere. You can tuck it into the seat pocket of the vehicle, place it inside your child’s backpack, or you can include it in their calm down kit. This adorable mini bottle incorporates both the visual and tactile sensory systems. Because the glitter and beads stay suspended in the dish soap and fall slowly as it is turned or flipped over, this can also serve as a calm down bottle. Children can watch the glitter slowly fall as they focus on regulating their breathing. Are you looking for more easy sensory play ideas to use with kids? Join us for a five day email series on Sensory Activities and Solutions and get a free sample of our Sensory Play Recipes eBook.
You may also be interested in these mini sensory bottles: