We love sensory bottles and usually make them in either the regular size or even the large one, but lately we’ve discovered these cute mini bottles. They’re great for bringing with you or putting into your child’s backpack. This football mini sensory bottle can be an effective small calm down tool for kids.
This would be a good sensory bottle for football season, Thanksgiving, the Super Bowl, or just for a sports fan. One of the things I like about it is that it can be hard to come up with sensory play ideas that boys are interested in. That’s not to say that some girls won’t also like this! But football is certainly an interest that many boys share.
You can even customize the colours of this football sensory bottle to show your support for your favourite team! This could be a professional team, collage, or even school team. You could even take it with you to cheer on your team at games.
Football Mini Sensory Bottle:
- mini bottle (we used these plastic test tube treat containers)
- clear dish soap
- mini football beads
- sequins (choose a colour for your favourite team)
- glitter (choose the colours of your favourite team!)
- optional: hot glue
- Pour clear dish soap into a mini bottle until it’s about half full.
- Drop in some mini football beads.
- Add in sequins and glitter.
- If there’s any room left in the bottle, fill the the top with water.
- Replace the lid. If using with small children, you can secure the lid with hot glue.
With this or any other sensory play activity, adult supervision is recommended. Even with the lid secured, it can be opened by determined kids or when the glue gets old and the bottle contains small parts that could be a choking hazard.
With its tiny size, this mini calm down bottle is great for bringing anywhere. You can tuck it into the seat pocket of the vehicle, put it in your child’s backpack, or include it in their calm down kit.
This cute little bottle engages both the visual and tactile sensory systems. Because the glitter and sequins stay suspended in the dish soap and fall slowly as it is turned, this can also serve as a calm down bottle. Children can watch the glitter slowly fall as they focus on regulating their breathing. It’s surprisingly effective.
Check out these other sensory bottles for kids: