The holiday season is full of reasons to celebrate. And if you’re hosting a party this Christmas, gift exchange games are the perfect way to keep your guests entertained! With this fun dice game, your guests will have a blast at your next white elephant gift exchange. Grab my printable game rules to ensure everyone knows exactly how to play this fun Christmas game at your party.
Christmas Gift Exchange Game
- Printable game rules (download those here)
- Ask your guests to bring one gift to your party.
- Place the gifts on a table and tell everyone to grab a gift.
- Ask everyone to sit in a circle and take turns rolling the die. Then follow the rules for the number they roll.
- When a person unwraps their gift, they are out of the game and may not swap with anyone else or pass their gift.
- Continue rolling the dice and playing until everyone has unwrapped their present.
Christmas Gift Exchange Rules
The rules for this fun Christmas party game are simple. That’s because all you have to do is roll the dice and refer to the printable sheet to figure out what to do. That means kids and adults of any age can play this fun game at your next party.
To play this game, roll the dice and take a look at the number. Then, follow these rules for each number:
- Pass all the gifts to the left.
- Pass all the gifts to the right.
- Trade your gift with someone.
- Open your gift.
- Pick someone to open their gift.
- Keep your gift.
Christmas Gift Exchange Game Ideas
Since this fun game is so simple to play, it’s going to be a popular choice at holiday parties. And with the help of these gift exchange ideas, you can be sure your party game is a success.
- Set a price range. To ensure someone doesn’t overspend on their presents for the gift exchange, it’s a good idea to set a price limit on the gifts. Make sure you let everyone know the budget for the gift exchange before the night of party.
- Make sure the gifts are wrapped. The point of the game is to keep the gifts a surprise, so it’s important that all the gifts are wrapped so the players don’t know what’s inside. Tell your guests to wrap their gifts to make the game more fun.
- Decide on regular or white elephant gifts. Your guests can bring regular gifts or funny gifts for this exchange game, so it’s up to you what type of gifts you want everyone to bring. Just make sure to make the instructions clear so everyone knows exactly what to bring before the party starts.
- Add an extra round after the gifts are open. If you want your game to go on a little longer, consider adding another round of rolls after everyone has opened their gift. This will give everyone a chance to score a new gift and make the game play a little more exciting. Once everyone has opened their present, give each player a chance to roll the dice one more time, then follow the instructions for each roll.
Check out some of our other popular Christmas games:
Sign up to receive a free printable download of the game.
Child Development says
Thanks this was a good read!
Helpful to me much. Thank you much for sharing! Merry Christmas to you and your beloved.