I love this Dinosaur Sensory Bottle. I know it’s a gender stereotype to say that pink is for girls, but the reality is that it still is generally thought to be more of a feminine colour. So what I love about this is that it takes what is typically thought to be a boy interest (dinosaurs) and pairs it with colours typically associated with girls.
What is created is a sensory experience perfect for boys and girls.
Dinosaur Sensory Bottle:
- empty water bottle (I prefer the look of Voss bottles or craft store sensory bottles)
- clear dish soap (Dawn or LemiShine are good because they are thicker)
- brightly coloured dinosaur figurines
- orange and gold glitter
- orange, white, blue, and peach pony beads and smaller beads
- green mini rubber bands (like the Rainbow Loom elastics you probably have laying around the house!)
- optional: Superglue or hot glue to seal the bottle cap
- Pour enough clear dish soap into the bottle to make it 2/3 full.
- Add the glitter, mini rubber bands, dinosaur toys, and coloured beads.
- Fill the rest of the container with water.
- Put the lid back on. If you’re going to be using this sensory bottle with young children, then I suggest that you superglue the lid in place or use hot glue to secure. Be sure to let the glue dry before giving it to your child to play with.
Adult supervision should be used at all times when kids are playing with this activity. Even if you glue the lid in place, it can come off especially over time. The bottle contains small parts which are choking hazards.
Sensory and Learning Opportunities:
The visual, tactile, and proprioceptive sensory systems and engaged when using the dinosaur sensory bottle.
This sensory bottle can be used for a dinosaur unit study at home or in the classroom. Here are some other suggestions for interactive sensory learning about dinosaurs:
Dinosaur Fossils in Playdough
Are you wanting more easy sensory play ideas? Join us for a five day email series on Sensory Activities and Solutions and get a free sample of our Sensory Play Recipes eBook.