Fall happens to be my favourite season. The colours, the crisp cool air, and the feeling of change and new beginnings are what I love most. This fall leaves slime enables me to bring a bit of that feeling inside.For this slime, I used maple leaf confetti that was leftover from the Fall Leaves Sensory Jar I made. By making both, I was able to get maximum use out of purchasing the confetti.
Slime is great for sensory input. It provides visual and tactile input and with the kneading and stretching, it also gives good proprioceptive feedback. These are an important part of your child’s day and slime provides a fun way to get them in.
Fall Leaves Slime
- 6 oz. bottle clear Elmer’s Glue
- approximately ¼ cup warm water
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 1½ Tbsp. contact lens solution (be sure that it contains boric acid)
- maple leaf foil confetti
- optional: 1 ½ tablespoon glitter in copper, gold, and red
- Empty the glue into a large bowl.
- Fill the empty glue bottle about ⅓ full with warm water (this will be about ¼ cup) and seal with the lid. Shake well to combine the remaining glue and water. Pour this mixture into the bowl with glue and stir to combine.
- Add the baking soda to the glue and mix thoroughly.
- If you are adding glitter, stir the glitter into the glue mixture in this step.
- Add the contact lens solution to the glue mixture and stir well. Add the contact lens solution slowly, mixing between additions. Only add enough to bring the glue together into a soft ball.
- Remove the slime from the bowl allowing any excess liquid to remain in the bowl. The slime will be sticky. Begin to play with the slime, kneading it as you would bread dough to bring the slime together. The slime is ready when it is no longer sticky.
- Set the maple leaf foil confetti on top of the slime and knead it in, stretching and pulling until everything is well combined.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator when the slime isn’t being played with.
For a different look, you could also make this slime with glitter glue in place of the regular glue. This will create an entirely new look.
You may also be interested in these fall slimes and sensory activities: