Not only is this Christmas sensory bag a great sensory activity, it is also an excellent fine motor activity. Kids can push the sequins into the area to fill the ornament.
This cute activity can be taken with you for use as a busy bag. It can be taken in the vehicle or used in waiting rooms. If you’re going to take it out and about, it’s definitely best to seal the edges with duct tape. Using a holiday themed duct tape makes it extra cute.
Fill the Ornament Christmas Sensory Bag:
- sandwich or medium sized resealable bag (I like the medium freezer bags)
- clear hand sanitizer
- sequins and/or mini ornaments
- permanent marker
- optional: duct tape (way more fun if you use holiday themed duct tape)
- With a permanent marker, draw an ornament shape on a resealable bag.
- Fill the bag slightly less than halfway with hand sanitizer. Add a healthy amount of sequins or mini ornaments in holiday colours to the bag.
- Remove as much air as you can from the bag.
- If you’re going to be using this with younger children or are worried about a potential mess, fold duct tape over the edges of the bag. You can get all kinds of fun holiday printed tapes to use that will make this look even more festive.
The child can now “fill” the ornament by moving the sequins with their finger on the outside of the bag.
You can make multiples of these Christmas sensory bags and use different colours of sequins or small ornaments. The kids can race to see how quickly they can fill the ornament.
Check out some of our other Christmas themed sensory bags: