I love Minnie Mouse! I know that’s not the most grown-up thing to admit, but I seriously do. My purse and wallet are even Minnie Mouse themed and I have a hoodie inspired by her. This Hallowe’en, I even dressed as Minnie Mouse to hand out candy. So, making a Minnie Mouse slime wasn’t much of a stretch.
Well, the slime does stretch, but you get what I mean!
Minnie Mouse Slime Supplies:
- 5 oz. bottle of Elmer’s clear school glue
- ½ cup water
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 Tbsp. contact solution
- red food colouring
- red fine glitter
- small white beads
How to make Minnie Mouse Slime:
- In a small mixing bowl, pour the entire 5 oz. bottle of clear glue.
- Add in ½ cup of warm water and stir.
- Mix in the baking soda.
- Drop in a few drops of red food colouring. Stir.
- Pour in a generous amount of fine red glitter.
- Add the white beads.
- Add 1 Tbsp. contact solution to the mixture. It will begin to form instantly. At this point, it will be very sticky! Don’t panic! Continue to mix the solution in the bowl until it starts to form.
- Knead the slime until it is no longer sticky.
- Store the Minnie Mouse slime in an airtight container.
Creating a Minnie Mouse inspired slime was so simple. By adding the red colouring, red glitter, and the white beads, the finished slime is reminiscent of my favourite cartoon character. The beads become the polka dots.
I’m not sure where my love of Minnie began. For me, Disneyland really does feel like the happiest place on Earth. It is perhaps that love of Disneyland that led me to be her fan as well.
Besides the obvious appeal of this particular slime for me, I also like the sensory input it provides. All slime is good for proprioceptive input. When kids knead, pull, stretch, and squish, they are getting much needed proprioceptive input. This can help in emotional regulation and mood.
The beads in this Minnie Mouse slime provide an extra texture element. This is excellent for tactile sensory input. Find other sensory play recipes by grabbing a free sample of our Sensory Play Recipes eBook. Simple enter your email below and you’ll be on your way!
Looking for more slime inspiration?
Crunchy Slime With Mardi Gras Beads
Rainbow Confetti Party Slime Glow in the Dark Slime with Glitter