Fluffy slime has such a great texture and stretch. Bring sensory play to your home or classroom in March with this green St. Patrick’s Day fluffy slime.
You can set out a Shamrock cookie cutter and some extra Shamrock play coins to expand the opportunities for kids to explore through play. Check out the video below to see the fluffy slime play in action.
St. Patrick’s Day Fluffy Slime Recipe:
- 2/3 cup of Elmer’s white School Glue
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 1/2 cups shaving cream
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. contact lens solution
- green glitter
- green food paste
- green or gold St. Patrick’s Day plastic Shamrock coins (I found mine at the Dollar Store)
- Add glue to a bowl.
- Mix in water and baking soda.
- Add shaving cream and mix.
- Stir in food colour.
- Slowly add contact solution. Mix.
- Add the glitter.
- If it’s still too sticky, add a drop more of contact solution and knead some more.
- Drop in a few shamrock play coins and fold them in.
Fluffy Slime Troubleshooting Tips:
You’ll need to use contact solution as the activator to create the right texture for your slime. Otherwise, the glue and shaving cream will just be a big blob of goo.
If your slime isn’t fluffy enough, try to fold in some extra shaving cream.
If the slime isn’t stretchy after a few days of playing with it, you can add a bit of hot tap water or a small amount of lotion to it.
Or if the slime is too sticky, add a drop or two more contact solution or a small bit of baby oil and knead.
These troubleshooting tips should help you to get the right consistency with your slime.Looking for more easy sensory play recipes to inspire creativity? Join us for a five day email series on Sensory Activities and Solutions and get a free sample of our Sensory Play Recipes eBook.
Here are some other St. Patrick’s Day activity ideas:
St. Patrick’s Day Sensory Bottle
Easy St. Patrick’s Day Sensory Bag