This spider web slime is great for Hallowe’en parties. You can make a sensory play station and include this as an activity or use it as a party favour. This slime would also work well at a Spiderman birthday party. You know that spider web in a bag stuff that you can buy around Hallowe’en time? Well, I thought I could use that to make a really cool slime. I was very wrong! Do not make the same mistake I did and use the spider web stuff that comes in a bag to try to make a slime. It will be disastrous and messy.
I was able to discover that there is a way to make slime that has a spider web look to it and still work.
Spider Web Slime Recipe:
- 5 oz. bottle of Elmer’s washable white school glue
- ½ cup water
- 1 tsp. borax
- 1 cup water
- 1 Tbsp. + 1 tsp. Instant Snow
- plastic spiders or black polymer clay to make your own
How to Make Spider Web Slime:
- Pour 1/2 cup glue in a bowl.
- Add in 1/2 cup of water and stir them together.
- In a small bowl, combine 1 cup of water and 1 tsp. of borax.
- Slowly pour the borax mixture into the glue mixture, stirring until it has reached slime consistently.
- Knead the slime with your hands for a few minutes.
- Add 1 Tbsp. Instant Snow to the slime.
- Work the Instant Snow in by kneading until it is fully mixed into the slime.
- Slowly add up to 1 tsp. more Instant Snow until you reach the texture and look you’re looking for. Continue to knead.
- The slime will be stiff at first, but as you continue kneading, it will get better and better. It takes a bit for the Instant Snow to expand.
- Add in a few plastic spiders or some polymer ones. (Directions for making your own spiders are below.)
Store the spider web slime in an airtight container.
Instant Snow PowderPlastic Spiders, 3 SizesElmer’s Liquid School Glue
For the spiders, only a small amount of polymer clay is needed. Roll 2 small balls of black polymer clay for the spider’s body. Then make a long snakelike piece and cut out the legs. Shape together. Bake on wax paper at 275° for a few minutes.
The polymer spiders will not stick very well, but they are great for imaginative play! They are fun for kids to make and they can use them for other Hallowe’en decorating or play as well.The little beads created with the Instant Snow make playing with this spider web slime a very tactile sensory experience.
Check out some of our other Hallowe’en slime experiences:
Very cool! I love the texture in this!