Are your girls as obsessed with mermaids as mine are? Ever since they got their Fin Fun Mermaid Tails, they have been swimming like mermaids, reading about mermaids, drawing mermaids, and pretending to be mermaids. I made them a squishy mermaid sensory bag which they really enjoyed, so I decided to make them another mermaid themed sensory item. This glittery mermaid sensory bottle creates a wonderful calm down effect.
Glitter Mermaid Sensory Bottle:
- water bottle (I used a Voss bottle)
- mermaid-like glitter
- blue flower sequins
- liquid hand soap
- pink mermaid scale looking washi tape
- optional: hot glue
- Empty water out of the sensory bottle and fill most of the way with liquid hand soap.
- Drop in the sequins and a lot of glitter. The key to making this sensory bottle look like a mermaid tail is to use a lot of glitter. Add more than you think you should!
- Put the lid back on the sensory bottle, securing it with hot glue if you want it to stay in place. Give it a good shake.
Wrap some of the washi tape around the lid. I only put one piece, but if you wanted to, you could cover the whole lid for a different look.
I used many of the same items to create a squishy mermaid sensory bag. My girls were big fans!