I truly believe that children learn best through play. Learning about emotions can be especially difficult for kids, so I find it best to take the scariness out of it by making it as easy and light as possible. That’s why I’ve created games and activities to help kids learn these concepts like this Spider Emotions Matching Game.
Just like in some of the other emotions learning activities I’ve created to help kids such as our Feelings Jenga, Pirate Emotions Playdough Mats, Unicorn Emotions Kit, this was designed with the same purpose in mind.
Spider Emotions Matching Game:
- printed spider emotions pages (download them here)
- Print off the pages and cut them into cards.
- Set the cards out on a flat surface face down.
- Each player takes a turn flipping over two cards. If the description card matches the emotion card, the player keeps both cards. If not, they place them down in the same place face down again.
- The player who matches the most pairs wins.
For younger kids or kids who struggle more with identifying emotions, you can keep all the cards face up. It then becomes all about matching without the memory portion of the game being involved. The game requires kids to predict what a certain circumstance or action would cause a spider to feel, so it’s best used to reinforce the concepts in children who already have an emotional vocabulary. These spiders are adorable. This is a cute activity for Hallowe’en at home or in a classroom. It’s a nice one to have set out in a quiet corner for kids who need a calm down area or for students who have completed their other work.
Get the free printable pages for this activity be entering your email below.
You may also be interested in:
Birthday Party Emotions Playdough Mats