Creating memories together is an important part of family connection. With this Winter Bucket List, you can check off simple, fun ideas that will capture moments and make the most of the winter months.
As you finish items, you can cross them off. You can do them in order or choose the order that works best for your family.
Things don’t have to go perfectly or be planned out far in advance. The most important thing is to really be in the moment together.
Winter Bucket List Ideas:
- Build a snowman.
- Drink hot chocolate.
- Make snowflake playdough.
- Build a snow fort.
- Make paper snowflakes.
- Have fun with a sensory bottle.
- Create snow angels.
- Go tobogganing.
- Take a winter nature hike.
- Set out an invitation to play.
- Hide coins in the snow and dig for buried treasure.
- Shovel a neighbour’s driveway.
- Make a snowflake sensory bag or bottle.
- Go ice skating.
- Have a family movie night in pyjamas.
- Bake cookies.
- Explore a winter sensory bin.
- Play tag in the dark with glow sticks.
- Read stories by the fire.
- Work on a puzzle.
- Play The Flour Game.
- Make homemade cards.
- Do a random act of kindness.
- Paint the snow using food dye and water in spray bottles.
- Make snow ice cream.
- Go for a drive to look at holiday lights.
- Have a kitchen dance party.
- Make holiday stretchy slime.
- Create a Christmas Calm Down Kit.
- Make a paper snow globe.
Note that if you live in a climate where there isn’t snow, many of these ideas can be adapted. For example, “build a snow fort” can simply become “build a blanket fort”.
Download your Winter Bucket List today and you’ll also get our free email series 5 Secrets to Powerful Family Connection.