This fall feelings mini book allows children the chance to process their thoughts and feelings about different events that happen in the autumn. When kids practise talking and writing about their emotions, they are better able to manage them in a healthy way.
The pages include some common autumn scenarios such as raking leaves, going to the pumpkin patch, and playing in the leaves.
It also gives students the chance to express what they like about fall and what they don’t like about fall. For some students, it may be easy to think of things they like about winter and they may need some prompting. For others, it may be their favourite season and they may need help to come up with things they don’t like!
My Fall Feelings Mini Book:
- My Fall Feelings mini book printable pages. (download here)
- pencil or pen
- markers, crayons, or pencil crayons
- stapler and staples
- Download the My Fall Feelings mini book.
- Print out the pages.
- Cut apart the booklet pages.
- Let your student decide how he or she feels about each fall activity and draw the corresponding face on the child on that page. Your student can use the Emotions Word Bank for ideas (for words to use and for faces to draw).
- When your student has completed the book, stack the pages together with the cover on top and staple on the left side to create a little keepsake book.
After your child or student has filled out their booklet, it’s a great time to sit down with them and debrief. If there are some seasonal scenarios that seem to have potential to cause them some distress, together you can brainstorm ways they can better manage those feelings if they arise.
Download your free printable mini book for kids and be signed up for our sensory solutions and activities emails.
Mini books for other seasons:
Other free emotions printables that are perfect for fall: