Looking for an easy holiday themed sensory activity for your kids? This Snowballs and Jingle Bells Sensory Bag is portable and simple to create. It uses items purchased from the Dollar Store, so it’s also inexpensive.
Snowballs & Jingle Bells Sensory Bag:
- clear plastic resealable bags
- red glitter gravel
- green glitter gravel
- gold jingle bells
- small frosted decorative balls
- optional: holiday duct tape
- Mix together red and green glitter gravel.
- Drop in the frosted “snow”balls and jingle bells.
- Stir. Add into resealable bags and seal.
- If you’re going to use this with smaller children, you can seal the edges by folding over holiday themed duct tape.
Tip to expand the activity:
You can also make this into a sensory bin either before putting the items into bags or after by dumping the bag contents into a bowl or plastic tub. Toss in a scoop or a few spoons and you have a Christmas sensory bin!
This snowballs and jingle bells sensory bag offers visual, tactile, proprioceptive, and auditory sensory input. Important note: As with all sensory activities, adult supervision should be used at all times even if you’ve sealed the edges shut. Note that the glitter gravel can have sharp edges and can sometimes cut through the bag.
Check out these other Christmas themed sensory bags: